Dear Deep Adapters, 2 ways to help the community!
1. COVID-19 Tack Force need your help!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy +91 80988 41041
Teams of two (2) are asked to:
- Ensure social distancing between people in the queue & in the billing line;
- Ensure that people are wearing a mask & sanitizing their hands before they enter;
- Check & enter the temperature of the workers & volunteers in the log book before they start work (there is an infrared thermometer);
- Make sure that only 5 people are shopping inside at a time;
- Ensure that the workers are also wearing masks all the time & sanitizing their hands from time to time.
For one person it is every day from 08:00 to 10:30 ( or more people share the weekly schedule ).
We may need someone for Saturdays (only) from 10:30 to 1 pm also.
We seek a commitment through 3 May
You can reach us by sending an email to email@example.com or WhatsApp Amy at +91 80988 41041
2. CATCH the ACTION!
Bring support to people who needs it!
Receiver are People who needs help ! For: SHOPPING, Get some MEDICINE, TALK Exchange (by whatsapp, skype or at the café), RIDE to go somewhere, etc…
WHO CAN HELP?
Any member of DA whatsapp group can be a giver!
1. By using whatsapp: share the link https://chat.whatsapp.com/DzbImj8i5Bl4Bok8qIATkm with the person who needs support!
he/she will express his/her need!
Spread the need (with cellphone) on the DA group whatsapp if the person do not / can not use whatsapp !
2. Catch the specific need that you can fulfill if you want to participate.
3. Inform the rest of the DA group that you CATCH IT !
4. Reply privately or by phone with the receiver to fill the need.
Once it is done, inform the DA group!
And so on… Lets START !
Cinema Paradiso – Saturday 4th of January – 5 to 7pm
Dear Deep Adapters and friends
Tomorrow the Deep Adapation group will have the Cinema Paradiso ! This is our first gathering to treat one of the most urgent, clear and threatening crisis that we can see coming, that everyone is seeing, and that is globally not being taken care of as a real emergency: water!
Wells running dry in AV last summer, more than the past ones; Wells being dug always deeper. Aquifers going down, year after year. Moonsoon ending with close to 10% deficit despite rains from August to December 31. Chennai resorting to 100 water trains voyages for its population…
This is not going away.
The population of AV and Bio-region is pumping more than what we get in rains, every single year!
This will get worse in the next few years
We will not desalinate enough water for our trees and farms !
Without water, plants die, humans and animals move away, towns get abandonned…
So, what to do? The fist step, like for our first meeting… is to gather and show up ! If you feel concerned, come to the meeting. There are a lot of decisive actions that can be taken up, at every level, once you know there is an emergency coming. But for that we need a fraction of the Auroville population to be clear about the crisis, and ready to move on the most urgent actions.
THIS meeting is where we jump into ACTION : trying to apply the 4 questions (see poster) to Auroville and bioregion, for all of us, for life, for the children...
Please remember that currently the most significant action is to "vote with your feet" : coming to the meeting ! And if possible bring a friend !